May 5th marks the first day of the 2021 Population Association of America (PAA) Annual Meeting. The premier conference of demographers and social and health scientists from the United States and abroad, this year’s PAA Annual Meeting is virtual. You must register to access sessions of the 2021 PAA Annual Meeting.
Over the next four days, demographers and public health professionals will present research, view and comment on posters, and network with peers. For those attending the PAA Annual Meeting, DHS Program staff will be presenting their findings using DHS data. Find the schedule below:
|Wednesday, May 5, 2021||Time*||Type & Number|
|Trends and the Relationship between Maternal Health and Empowerment in Pakistan, 2012-2018|
Lindsay Mallick, Rabia Zafar, Christina Juan, Johanna Useem
|Thursday, May 6, 2021||Time*||Type & Number|
|Stunting and Anemia for Children in Urban Poor Environments|
Shireen Assaf, Christina Juan
|Trajectories Into Contraceptive Use Among Adolescents in Burundi, Colombia, and Nepal|
Kerry L.D. MacQuarrie
|Gender- and Sexuality-Based Violence|
Discussant: Dr. Sunita Kishor, Director, The DHS Program
|Friday, May 7, 2021||Time*||Type & Number|
|Intention to Use Contraceptives in Jordan: Further Analysis of the Jordan Population and Family Health Survey 2017-18|
|Disability Status and the Experience of Unintended Pregnancy in 5 Low- and Middle-Income Countries|
Kerry L.D. MacQuarrie, Julia Fleuret
|Contraceptive Use, Method Mix, and Method Availability: A Multilevel Analysis|
Lindsay Mallick, Shireen Assaf, Michelle Weinberger, Gbaike Ajayi
Use web and mobile tools from The DHS Program to explore DHS survey data for yourself:
- Download The DHS Program mobile app on your phone for DHS survey data at your fingertips, including key indicator data, maps, and basic survey information.
- Access STATcompiler.com to make tables, charts, and maps with your selected indicators and countries. Compare countries in a region and graph trends over time.
- Browse our website for recent DHS Publications.
- Search published analytical reports from The DHS Program using Publications Search.
- Watch tutorial videos on The DHS Program YouTube channel.
- Download DHS survey datasets for analysis.
- Access Stata and SPSS code for DHS indicators on The DHS Program’s Code Share Library on GitHub.
Featured image © rexandpan, stock.adobe.com